GBW #608 at Green Bay, June 6, 1969. This is the last known photo of this
This caboose (#08) had bay windows added in the late 1930s, then was
converted to transfer caboose (X-08) in April 1949. Finally it was reconstructed
as a road caboose (#608) in February 1954. Instead of completely going to
scrap, photos indicate that the frame of this caboose was used for the
"new" steel caboose (#608) built later in 1969.
- Related material:
- #08 (1939.04.22)
- #608 (1961.11)
- Caboose Roster Information
From the collection of Scott Janz.
This photo may not be reproduced without permission.