|2-8-0 #302 awaits its fate with the
GB&W #302 was built by the American
Locomotive Company (Alco) for the Chicago, Peoria & St. Louis Railway
in 1913. The line went bankrupt in the 1920s and the Green bay &
Western bought the locomotive, along with sister locomotives for the Ahnapee & Western
and Kewaunee, Green Bay
The locomotive was retired in 1939. The engine went to the "dead line" in July of that
year and was scrapped a few months later.
Harold Vollrath photo.
From the collection of