|Caboose #609 soon after rebuilding with bay windows in 1940.
This photo was taken right after rebuilding. This caboose shows
the typical arrangement after rebuilding - the added bay window was offset
from center of the car side, a standard GREEN BAY ROUTE herald below the
bay window, and "GB&W" and the car number in white gothic
lettering on the long half of the car side. The cabooses were
painted red with gray window sashes; handrails were painted yellow in the
The caboose remained in service on the GB&W until the late 1960s.
Go back to the Caboose
History and Photo Roster