Search greenbayroute.com:
Green Bay & Western Lines
The East-West Short Route
 [Home]     Information ] Locos ] Rolling Stock ] Photos & Stuff ] Ephemera ] Modeling ] References ] Site Map ]
Remaining Depots

Up ] Blair ] City Point ] Hixton ] Merrillan ] Seymour ] Whitehall ]

 

Green Bay Route depots still standing.


If you have information that could help fill in the missing spaces, I would appreciate hearing from you.  I can be emailed at mark@mathu.com.
Milepost Depot Location Type & Material Built Retired Current track status Image
57.3
Sturgeon Bay Division

Sturgeon Bay

341 N. Third Ave.
Door County
combination - brick 1914 ? abandoned 1968  
Last used as Cherryland Brewery and Pub from 1988-2000.
56.8
Sturgeon Bay Division

Sawyer

Southwest corner of E. Oak St. and S. Neenah Ave.
Door County
? - wood ? ? abandoned 1968  
Houses a plumbing/building supply company.
44.3
Sturgeon Bay Division

Forestville

Shiloh Road, Clay Banks Township, Door County, Wis. (about 200 feet south of the intersection of Shiloh Road and County Highway OO)
Door County

PF - wood 1906 1953 abandoned 1968  
Moved to closer to town in 1913 when freight-only trains no. 15-16 began operation. Sold and moved in 1953 and used as a slaughterhouse until the 1970s.
36.7
Kewaunee Division

Kewaunee

406 Main St.
Kewaunee County
combination - wood ? ? abandoned 1968  
Downtown depot.
17
New London Division

Seymour

209 Depot St. (moved)
Outagamie County
combination - wood 1915 ? CN
Moved across tracks, restored. Home of the Seymour Model Railroad Club.
23.5
New London Division

Black Creek

Near railroad crossing.
Outagamie County
freight - wood 1955 ? CN  
39.3
New London Division

New London

About 500 feet north of the GB&W crossing on the east side of Shawano Street, adjacent to Markman's Foods, 800 N Shawano St. (moved)
Waupaca County
combination - wood 1947 ? n/a  
Former downtown depot.  Rumored to be razed in the near future.
50.2
New London Division

Manawa

Adjacent to the spur track on the east side of Bridge Street, just south of the Little Wolf River bridge.
Waupaca County
freight - wood 1898 1951 CN spur  
It appears to be used as storage for Sturm Foods.
65.7
Iola Branch

Iola

moved ?
Waupaca County
combination - wood 1894 1958 abandoned 1958  
Restored by the Iola Historical Society, serves as a museum.
69.8
New London Division

Amherst Junction

Lake Emily, Wis. (moved)
Portage County
combination - wood 1940 1974 n/a  
Additions put on, re-roofed, re-sided, new windows.
81.4
New London Division

Plover

?
Portage County
combination - ? 1923 ? CN  
The 20'x85' depot is located near the wye/crossing with the CN branch to Portage.
121
Whitehall Division

City Point

Two miles east of town.
Jackson County
? - wood 1898 1961 CN
Now a residence.
141.8
Whitehall Division

Hatfield

Highway K, about 1/2 mile north of GBW crossing.
Jackson County
? - wood 1947 ? CN  
Had a large canopy on each end. When passenger service ended (1949) the railroad sold the station to the owner of Gil's Resort, who moved the depot about 1/2 mile north of the tracks to become his private home. It has been drastically altered and now bears little resemblance to the original station. It was painted a very light green at last sighting.
148.1
Whitehall Division

Merrillan

At railroad crossing.
Jackson County
combination - wood 1886 in use CN / UP
Operated jointly by GB&W and Omaha Road. It is still in use by the Union Pacific Railroad today.
157.9
Whitehall Division

Hixton

144 Depot St.
Jackson County
combination - wood 1874 1963 CN
Owned by Farmers Co-Op. It is painted solid white with plywood over all the windows. The depot sort of blends in with the rest of the feed mill complex.
170.8
Whitehall Division

Blair

On the railroad right-of-way next to a feed mill at the crossing near the dairy plant.
Trempealeau County
combination - wood 1874 1963 CN
It appears to be a storage building for a heating company and is in pretty poor condition.
177.7
Whitehall Division

Whitehall

?
Trempealeau County
combination - brick 1914 1963 CN
The GB&W sold the depot in 1963 and over the ensuing years it served a number of purposes, including a real estate office and dental office. The City of Whitehall purchased the depot in 2003 and it is now listed on the Wisconsin National Register of Historic Places.
 

[ Top of This Page


 The Green Bay Route is maintained by Mark Mathu.
Visit the Guest Book or send comments to mark@mathu.com.
Updated July 11, 2015