A typical paper plate used on the passenger car Trempealeau River.
Fine dining it wasn't! Guests were served on paper plates aboard the Trempealeau
River, Green Bay Route's only passenger car in its later years.
The Trempealeau River was built by ACF in 1955 as Union Pacific dome car
#9001. Prior to the GB&W acquiring it, it went to the Auto Train
as #901 in 1972. When purchased by the Green Bay & Western in 1982 it
was initially named Cross Lake but the name was never applied before it
was changed to Trempealeau River.
After the sale of the Green Bay Route, the Trempealeau River went
to the Algoma Central -- another line under the control of Wisconsin Central --
in 1997. It was rebuilt, painted silver, and renamed "Algoma Country"
and is now used on the Agawa Canyon tourist train.