An Alco C-424 (#314) and an RS-3 (#305) poke their noses out of the
doors of the NEWER roundhouse. They wear the railroad's
red-and-gray paint scheme of the 1950s and 60s.
A load of coal in a Kewaunee, Green Bay & Western hopper at
the engine service facilities. This is an Atlas model.
The GBW's business car #600, the ROAMER, was spotted on a
track on the edge of the yard.
A pair of FA-1 cab units sit next to the engine house. The arrival
of these locomotives in 1947-49 ushered in diesel power on mainline
trains and spelled the end of steam power on the GB&W. These are Walthers
Well-maintained track is key to smooth operations — Here are three
Difco side dump cars and a one-bay ballast hopper used for that purpose.
It's time to get the rerailing frog out however... GBW #132 and #135 are
off the track! These are painted and decaled Walthers
A pair of KGB&W single-sheathed boxcars pass by in a
train. These Accurail cars
were special runs produced for Trainfest
A load of lumber can be seen through the open door of this Kadee