|Boxcar built in 1959 for the loading of paper.
GBW 900-949 were built by Pullman-Standard in 1959. They were the
first yellow boxcars on the Green Bay & Western. They were often
used in paper mill service in the Stevens Point area.
A caption in the Railway & Locomotive Historical Society Bulletin #115: The Story of the Green Bay and Western,
(October 1966) reads:
Specially equipped for handling this important commodity of which the
G.B.&W. handles a substantial tonnage. It will be noted that the
Green Bay Packers are featured in the decal which decorates the side.