GBW #1001 was one of five 40' auto parts boxcars (#1000-#1004) built in May 1962
by the Pullman-Standard Car Manufacturing Company. When delivered, they
were green and carried a "Packers" logo. They were later painted
yellow and the Packers logo was dropped. Externally, the cars were
identical to GBW #900-#949.
The boxcar now sits along the ex-Green Bay Route mainline at
Manawa. The trucks have been removed and it rests on timber cribbing.
Markings on the car seem to indicate that it was last used in revenue service
about 1981. Perhaps it was used at Manawa as a storage shed.
For technical specifications on boxcar #1001 check out the ORER Roster.